30 hours per week • Term time only
Wellington College is one of the world’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools located in rural Berkshire set in a stunning 400 acre campus, home to a blend of breathtaking original architecture and modern state-of-the-art facilities to provide the best possible education environment for our pupils.
We have an exciting new opportunity and are currently looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dedicated Spanish Language Assistant to join the team in our MFL department.
As well as an attractive salary and an excellent opportunity to further develop, our staff benefits* a contributory pension scheme, enhanced maternity / paternity schemes, a generous health scheme including an Employee Assistance Programme and access to a health cash plan, a cycle to work scheme, discounted staff membership to the Fitness Club, a free lunch whilst on duty and free parking.
*Staff benefits are based on a full-time role and will be available / pro-rated as applicable
Dedication, hard work and passion will see you go far at Wellington College, we value and support our staff and you'll have the chance to develop existing and gain new skills with career progression opportunities available.
About the role:
The post-holder will be responsible for giving Spanish oral lessons to pupils from years 10-13 in pairs, small groups or individually to help them to prepare for the oral part of public examinations. They will also work with small groups of bi-lingual students or native speakers to prepare them for public examinations. The post-holder will contribute to the programme of extra-curricular activities offered by the Spanish department.
Key responsibilities (Please see JD for full requirements):
- Conduct oral lessons in Spanish for pupils in years 10 to 13, in pairs, small groups or individually to help them prepare for the oral examinations.
- Work with small groups of bilingual or native-speaker students to help them prepare for public examinations off-timetable.
- Support the teaching of Spanish at all levels by helping pupils to develop their oral fluency.
- Organise a timetable in September so that assigned pupils are given speaking lessons outside of classes.
- Monitor attendance at speaking classes and report absences to the Head of Spanish, tutor and HM.
- Feed into the reporting process by providing comments on pupils’ effort, attitude and progress.
- Contribute to the programme of extra-curricular activities offered by the Spanish department, for example drama productions, debating, poetry competitions and other cultural activities.
- Work with other language assistants and teachers to create suitable displays for the MFL department.
- Support the teaching of Spanish by finding and collating suitable articles and resources.
- Be willing to accompany teachers on cultural trips and excursions where appropriate.
So, if you are committed to contributing towards the College community, think you’ve got what it takes to perform exceptionally in this role and would like to join our team, please apply now.
For further details, including how to apply, please visit the Support page of our website at https://wellingtoncollegerecruitment.wellingtoncollege.org.uk/
Closing date: Monday 9 October 2023
Wellington College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
All applicants must have a valid right to work in the UK and must be able to produce supporting documents.