Addington School – Be Part of Our Success!
Addington School is a large all age Outstanding Special School located in Woodley catering for pupils with a wide range of learning disabilities, many of whom also have associated sensory, motor, medical and behavioural needs.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to induction, professional development and on-going support to all of our staff.
We are looking for…
- A Specialist Behaviour Support HLTA to work collaboratively with our Behaviour Support Service, ASD Service and class teams to support pupils with special educational needs and challenging behaviours.
- An applicant with previous experience of working with pupils with special needs to provide group and 1-2-1 support for identified pupils whilst establishing and building positive relationships.
- A skilled communicator who will be sensitive to pupils’ needs. Using a non-confrontational approach, you will have the ability to support and enable pupils to extend their access to the school curriculum and maintain their school placement.
The role will include training of staff, CPD will be provided for this.
We can offer…
- The opportunity to work in a special school judged ‘Outstanding’.
- An environment committed to staff development and growing leadership.
- A school with a coaching and collaborative culture.
- A school where creativity and innovation is encouraged, with a skilled and supportive Behaviour Support team.
For further information, please contact please contact Simone Pengraeve, Behaviour Support Lead or Amanda Cherry, HR Administrator on 0118 966 9073.
For further details, please visit our website. To apply, please submit an application form which can be found on our website by clicking the apply button.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs.
Closing date: Friday 12 February 2021.
Interviews: Tuesday 2 March 2021.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.