Casual Position • 10 hrs a week
An exciting opportunity has arisen at The Wellington Academy for a Sports Centre Community Support Worker to work 10 hours a week on a casual basis.
To provide an efficient and smooth running the Sports Centre for The Wellington Academy
- Managing the opening and closing of the Sports Centre and other school buildings in the evenings and weekends.
- Meet and greet all customers, direct to correct place for activity, answer telephone/emails, make bookings, selling facilities the sport centre offers, check payments are up to date, all in a polite and friendly manner.
- Setting up/put away any equipment needed /used for shift. Hall should be set up ready for customer’s use. All equipment needs to be put away safely at the end of play.
- Money handling from customers including collection of money from till daily, record and secure in safe nightly.
- Report faults and damage to the Sports Centre Manager or Premises Team as appropriate.
- To undertake general cleaning duties necessary to provide a clean, hygienic and safe environment for the sports centre- wipe down all touch areas during and at the end of shift.
- Inspect the grounds and remove any litter, dangerous items and make safe any hazardous areas.
- Administration including a photo copying, advertising and all other admin duties required.
- Check safety of all equipment before and after customer use, report any damages to Centre Manager.
- End of shift check, make sure left tidy/clean/safe ready for school use.
- Assisting the other members of the sports centre/PE Staff in all other tasks as and when required.
Why choose us?
The Wellington Academy opened in 2009 to serve Tidworth, Ludgershall and the surrounding area: an area with a significant military presence. Consequently, we are proud to educate a large number of children from service families and with the growing super-garrison based on Salisbury Plain we expect our numbers to continue to rise.
The Wellington Academy joined the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust on 1st April 2020 and are following their approach to teaching. By joining the Trust, it brings a whole wealth of exciting CPD opportunities.
What we offer?
- Collaborative working within the Trust.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow, and development through mentorship coaching.
- Onsite Parking.
- Working within a friendly and well run school.
The right candidate will have:
- Grade C or above GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a busy environment.
- Interest in Health Fitness and Well-Being.
- High awareness for Health and Safety.
Closing date: 09am 20 May 2022.
Please note that CV’s are not accepted, download the Trust Application form.
The Wellington Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.