Are you a passionate PE Coach or Sports Instructor who thrives on working with children, igniting their passion for sports and physical activity? Marden Primary Academy has a great opportunity for a Sports Coach to join us from September 2022. Our successful candidate will deliver a variety of PE lessons to our primary-aged pupils throughout the day, varying from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 2. The role will initially be offered on a fixed term basis with every intention to become a longer term/permanent arrangement thereafter.
A passion for the subject with a broad skill-set, being able to build rapport with pupils of this age range and a commitment to our school are our essential criteria for the position. This is a very exciting role for our academy.
We are looking for someone demonstrates the following:
- Have high expectations of teaching and learning.
- To be a positive role model.
- To contribute to the positive ethos of the school.
- Be able to work collaboratively with a range of children and adults.
- A broad PE skill-set.
- Previous, recent experience in a similar education setting is desirable.
- Works independently and is a self-motivator.
- To liaise with parents, carers, link staff and multi-agency staff as appropriate, through phone calls/letters etc.
- To undertake the practical delivery of a variety of sport activities to students during interventions, PPA cover, lunchtime and after school clubs.
- To liaise with the school’s Head of PE to ensure activities reflect National Curriculum requirements.
- To ensure equipment is stored in an orderly and accessible way.
- Plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensure real learning takes place and pupils make superior progress.
- To liaise and work with the school’s Head of PE to plan and facilitate sports events across the school and inter school competitions.
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Working at Marden Primary Academy: Marden joined Leigh Academies Trust in September 2020. The academy serves the beautiful village community of Marden in Kent and has 40 pupils in each year group. Significant proposed housing development in the local area means that there is genuine potential for future expansion.
Marden’s children are its biggest asset and they need leaders with grit, determination and passion to help provide them with a positive future. We are looking for a very special person as only the best will do for the children of Marden.
Our successful candidate will be talented and a highly motivated leader with drive and commitment to excellence as well as strong interpersonal skills. You will be joining a supportive, committed and passionate team who work hard to ensure that all of our students achieve their potential.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1 September 2021, our Trust comprises 31 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.