Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is a very popular, oversubscribed and successful school set in 32 acres of parkland in Caversham to the north of Reading.
We are seeking a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic Subject Leader for Ethics within our Humanities Department. The successful candidate will have a passion for ethics, a proven track record in producing excellent subject results and student outcomes, the ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills, and a commitment to raising achievement.
The subject is popular up to Key Stage 5. All students opt for either GCSE Ethics or Citizenship.
Why Highdown School?
- We are a Good School with many outstanding features which continues to rapidly improve.
- We are committed to staff professional learning and leadership development for all staff, at all levels.
- We provide highly regarded NQT induction and Coaching for Excellence programmes.
- We have adopted a ‘Fair Workload Charter’.
- Staff have subsidised access to Highdown Sport and Leisure facilities.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 7 May 2021.
Highdown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also trained in safer recruitment and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a ‘Prohibition from Teaching’ check.