Do you have a passion for Science and the ability to lead?
We are delighted to present this exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate to create an outstanding Science department for our Academy. We are looking for a professional who:
- Has the creativity and drive to be integral in leading us to put Science at the heart of our curriculum
- Has the ability to develop a strategic approach to meet academy objectives, with a focus on student wellbeing and achievement
- Is passionate about their subject
Please refer to the attached documents for full details of this exciting role, our ideal candidate and to learn more about The University of Brighton Academy Trust.
The Burgess Hill Academy
At The Burgess Hill Academy, we challenge and support our students so that they aim high. Academic learning is our central focus, backed up by a strong belief in enhancing our students’ wellbeing and creating employable adults for the future.
It’s an exciting time for our Academy. Classrooms and science labs have been updated and improved and we’ve revitalised outdoor areas fit for today’s students.
The academy is committed to ensuring that every pupil leaves with the qualifications, enrichment experiences and employability skills they need for life. It has a published admissions number of 240 and total capacity of 1200.
We truly value the experience, dedication, and commitment of all our employees and believe in the power of motivated and happy staff. This is why we seek to enrich and reward our employees wherever we can, by offering a wide range of exciting and useful employee benefits. These include:
- Automatic annual pay increments
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression
- A strong commitment to your health & wellbeing including; onsite Wellbeing Champions, designated Mental Health Ambassadors, flexible working opportunities from Day 1, and Employee Assistance programme
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- Our salaries are aligned to the Real Living Wage, ensuring all our support staff are paid a minimum of £10.90 per hour.
Take a closer look: Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
We are proud to be part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust; a family of infant, primary and secondary schools based in Sussex.
Working Together, Delivering Excellence, Achieving Ambitions, and Nurturing Potential are the values that guide us. Our mission is to ‘inspire our children and staff to flourish and achieve their best’ so we positively impact our communities we serve. We aim to create a vibrant, inclusive community, transforming lives and broadening horizons through excellent teaching and learning. Please visit: Home - Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton is the sponsor of the University of Brighton Academies Trust. Close connection with the university allows us to draw on the expertise of its education experts and external contacts – something that greatly benefits our academies and our pupils.
Closing date: Wednesday 29 March 2023
Interview date: Week Commencing 17 April 2023
Find out more To arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about this role please contact Lizi Sparasci, Vice Principal on email@example.com
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community.
The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.