Full or Part Time
We are looking for a full or part time, committed and enthusiastic Teacher of Biology to join a large and well-resourced department with excellent results at all levels. This is an exciting opportunity to join a school and department dedicated to delivering world class education.
We wish to appoint a colleague who:
- Is an outstanding teacher of biology.
- Has the flair, creativity and ability to deliver outstanding outcomes for all students.
- Is eager to be a part of a very successful and hard-working department.
The Piggott School Science department:
- Red ALPS for all GCSE science subjects including ALPS 2 for combined science – 2022.
- Achieved (100%) 5+ in biology, chemistry and physics at GCSE – 2022.
- Achieved (91%) 4+ in combined science at GCSE - 2022.
- A Levels offered in biology, chemistry and physics plus BTEC Science Level 3.
- Achieved (85%) A*-C in A Level biology – 2022.
- Achieved (73%) A*-C in A Level chemistry – 2022.
- Achieved (82%) A*-C in A Level physics – 2022.
- Achieved (100%) D*-M in BTEC Science Level 3 - 2022.
All staff are provided with laptops and tablet devices and benefit from discounted Bupa healthcare.
The school is a mixed Church of England Academy with 1833 on roll near Twyford, between Maidenhead and Reading.
An application form can be found on our website at www.piggottschool.org To apply, please complete a covering letter and application form and e-mail to: email@example.com
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit to the school please contact Alice Ferguson, Head of science, via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on receipt. The school reserves the right to close this advert early in the event that sufficient applications have been received.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Satisfactory Disclosure Clearance and a 'prohibition from teaching' check will be completed for all applicants.
Twyford Road, Wargrave, Reading RG10 8DS
Telephone 0118 940 2357
Executive Headteacher Mr D J Gray MA NPQH