At Northolt High School, our vision, mission and values underpin everything that we do. We enable our students to develop strength of character, to be articulate and confident and to secure the best academic outcomes possible. Our school vision is "committed to excellence". This summarises our core aim of continuous improvement. Our mission statement describes how we work to achieve this core aim - through "seizing opportunity, instilling ambition, realising potential". Join us and you will be welcomed by a hard-working, dedicated staff and subject team who are united in their focus on student achievement.
We work in partnership with an organisation called Sycol which supports us in ensuring that we have clear systems of continuous school improvement in place. Through this partnership, all members of staff in the school are part of a high quality leadership development programme. Termly innovation projects involve every member of staff, helping us quickly and effectively share ideas whilst forging strong partnerships across the staff team. These projects ensure that systemic school improvement is embedded in everything we do.
We are a small school at the moment and are growing in size in the coming years, with a new building project on the horizon. We maintain a broad and balanced curriculum offer for all students. Our intention is to develop the school so that it has STEAM specialism (the ‘A’ is for Art) whilst at the same time retaining a breadth of curriculum offer for our students. Business Studies is a successful department at our school; we have seen results rapidly improve in recent years. This has led to increased interest from our students in continuing to study with us in the sixth form so we are adding A Level Business Studies to our sixth form curriculum offer from September 2020. Business Studies will join a suite of A Level subjects we offer in our small sixth form. Our post-16 outcomes for progress place us in the top 3% of the country at the moment and we are keen to build on this success.
We will be the right school for you if you are committed to:
- Ensure outstanding progress and attainment in GCSE and post 16 Business Studies;
- Play a full part in termly innovation projects to contribute to the development of school- wide continuous improvement;
- Continue to promote the profile of the Business Studies department through contributions to the wider life of the school.
We can offer you:
- Great support and training as you develop your career;
- The opportunity to innovate and bring in new ideas to contribute towards improving our school;
- A caring and supportive professional environment, with an early finish every Friday to promote a good work / life balance; Seizing opportunity Instilling ambition Realising potential
- A thoughtful and well-structured school calendar with careful attention paid to balancing teacher workload;
- A commitment to providing high quality opportunities for you to continue your professional learning;
- A flexible approach to your career, with increasing numbers of our teachers working on part time contracts.
If you would like to find out more about the school prior to your application, please contact Lauren Weeks, the Headteacher’s PA on the details below.
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 19 October 2021
Interviews to be held on Thursday 21 October 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment processes are always robustly followed. Successful candidates’ appointment will be subject to safer recruitment checks and satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check.