Desborough College is an all-boys (with girls in the 6th form), comprehensive school in Maidenhead, characterised by excellent pastoral care and an ever-growing Widening Horizons programme of extra-curricular activities. We enjoy a diverse community who are proud to be inclusive and welcoming and our staff body have high expectations in terms of behaviour and attitudes as well as striving to achieve excellent outcomes for our students.
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Computer Science who is able to teach KS3, KS4 and preferably KS5 to join our innovative department. The successful candidate will provide stimulating lessons to students, setting challenges across all abilities and be able to work well as a team and contribute towards extra-curricular activities.
We are deeply committed to the emotional and professional well-being and development of all our staff with the added benefits of peer coaching and a supportive CPD system, family friendly policies, on-site parking and a range of well-being initiatives.
To be successful at Desborough College you will:
- Teach to a high standard at GCSE.
- Be passionate about learning and teaching.
- Have high expectations of all students.
- Go above and beyond to ensure students make great progress.
- Be relentless in ensuring exceptional outcomes for all our students.
- Be committed and hard-working.
In return we will offer you:
- A school with enthusiastic students who want to succeed.
- An incredibly supportive group of colleagues.
- A personalised CPD and peer coaching programme to provide first-rate preparation towards promotion.
- A two-week October half-term.
- The chance to perform on a wide stage through our proud membership of the Pioneer Educational Trust.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We undertake to make “reasonable adjustments” to a job or workplace and counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face.
We are proud to be a Flexible Working Ambassador School for the Department of Education and are happy to discuss any flexible working requests with you.
To apply for this post applicants are invited to submit an Application Form with a covering letter providing details of previous experience. The Application Form can be found on our website at www.desborough.org.uk.
Please return completed forms to the Principal’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 23 January 2023.
Interviews: 26 January 2023.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.