We are looking to find a Computer Science teacher to introduce and lead the subject in the school up to GCSE, particularly in the senior section (Years 9 to 11). The successful candidate will join our current Head of IT who teaches ICT in the Prep School (to Year 8) and Cambridge Nationals ICT in the Senior School up to Year 10. The Cambridge Nationals course is closing and we wish to introduce GCSE Computer Science. St Edmund’s is an expanding and successful school of 500+ girls and boys aged 2 to 16. The ability to offer a subsidiary subject is desirable although not essential for full-time employment. The school participates in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. Early applications are encouraged.
St Edmund’s is thriving with numbers the highest in its 147 year history. Average class sizes are small, circa fourteen pupils. In 2021 our students posted a 100% GCSE pass rate (grades 4-9) against a national average of 77%. The proportion of grades awarded at 7-9 (the old A*/A) was 72% compared to a national average of 29%. Passes at the most demanding grade 9 rose to 31% and over 70% of candidates were awarded grade 9 in one or more subjects. More than half of students achieved eight or more grades 7-9.
The school was inspected by ISI in June 2021 and the key findings were:
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils develop high levels of knowledge, skills and understanding as they progress through the school.
- Pupils are adept and confident communicators.
- Pupils have outstanding attitudes to their learning and are determined to succeed. Pupils achieve well in a wide variety of curricular and co-curricular activities.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
- Pupils develop strong self-confidence and self-knowledge from an early age.
- Pupils demonstrate kindness and compassion towards one another and are highly respectful. Pupils are confident and considered decision makers.
- Pupils contribute enthusiastically to help create a strong and vibrant school community.
The full report is available via our website.
A combined information and application form may be obtained from Richard Taylor (Deputy Head Academic) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01428 604808.
Applications via TES are NOT accepted.
The closing date for applications is Monday 1st November 2021. Applications by email are preferred and interviews will take place in November.
Please note that the school takes very seriously its responsibility for safeguarding the children in its care and the successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced CRB/DBS vetting.