Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools, set in an attractive 48-acre parkland site in South Croydon enjoying excellent links to London, Surrey and the south coast.
We are proud to be able to offer:
- A unique, tailor-made education for boys aged 10-18
- Beautiful and historic parkland site with outstanding facilities
- A record of outstanding academic achievement
- Superb facilities for over 40 sports, an exciting performing arts programme and wide range of co-curricular activities
- Excellent pastoral care.
Due to the popularity of the subject, we require an additional talented and well-qualified graduate for January or April 2023 to teach at all levels in a dynamic, friendly and highly successful department. Whitgift School has first class facilities and is expanding its provision for young engineers.
Examination results are excellent in this subject and applicants will:
- Have excellent subject knowledge.
- Have the skills to promote a collaborative learning culture to maintain high standards.
- Be able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best.
- Have excellent planning and preparation skills.
- Have the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively.
- Be resilient under pressure.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The post is suitable for experienced teachers as well as those new to the profession who may be able to participate in our highly-regarded Schools Direct programme. A proactive culture of supporting and developing talented and inspiring teachers is supported by the Senior Management Team.
Staff will be encouraged to contribute fully to the co-curricular life of the School and this is reflected in the salary offered. A strong commitment to the pastoral and house system is also anticipated. Accommodation may be available. Assistance is offered towards removal expenses etc., up to £1,000 in total.
We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to attract staff that matches the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.
For further information and an online application form, please visit our website.
For any queries, please telephone the Human Resources Department on 020 8688 9222 or email HR.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 6 October 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Whitgift School (part of the John Whitgift Foundation) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers, the Disclosure & Barring Service and social media checks (including personal, professional and other online activities).