We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher to join our thriving English department. Applications are welcome from experienced and newly qualified teachers able to teach English throughout the ability range at KS3, KS4 and KS5. Excellent support is available from a very experienced team.
All students study GCSE English and English Literature at Key Stage 4. The subject is also popular in the Sixth Form, where A Level English Literature is currently offered.
Oak Wood School is a truly inclusive mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. The curriculum is well balanced and reflects the needs of all our students and the local community.
Situated on a large site close to Heathrow Airport and the centre of Hillingdon, Oak Wood School has much to offer:
- a commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders.
- staff wellbeing programme.
- childcare and cycle to school vouchers.
- excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes to central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, train (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway and Underground (Metropolitan & Piccadilly).
- on-site parking including electric charging facilities.
- on-site catering facilities.
Completed applications to be sent to Shannon Smith or emailed to our HR Department. Please note that CVs will not be accepted - you must complete our Application Form to be considered for this post.
Visits to the school can be arranged if requested.
Further details are available from the vacancies page of our website.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 18 October 2021
Interviews: w/c 18 October 2021
The appointment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS Disclosure. Oak Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.