A great opportunity to work in a talented, highly motivated and supportive group of teachers who have contributed to securing the Academy’s exceptional examination success and successful Sixth Form.
Located in the London Borough of Barnet, Wren Academy is sponsored by the Church of England and Berkhamsted School. The Academy has developed a strong reputation for outstanding teaching and learning, as demonstrated by our Progress 8 figure, which places us in the top 100 schools nationally. We are an all-through school with an established Sixth Form and a primary phase which opened in 2015. The engaging curriculum, and state of the art buildings have contributed to the academy’s notable success.
The Academy is a forward-thinking establishment and welcomes colleagues who are enthusiastic and ready to help create powerful and effective learning experiences for all students. The English department is a thriving part of the Wren community and offers both English Language and English Literature to A Level. The curriculum is innovative and focused on developing students’ lifelong love of English, as well as achieving outstanding examination success at all levels.
Wren is a Multi Academy Trust and plans are well advanced to build new schools which will provide exciting professional development opportunities for the successful candidate. This includes Wren Academy Enfield which opened in September 2020 to a first cohort of Year 7 students.
We wish to appoint a colleague to this post who has:
- Outstanding teaching and interpersonal skills.
- A strong academic English background with the ability to teach the subject to GCSE essential and to A Level desirable.
- Evidence of ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development.
- The desire to maximise the performance of all students and ensure the very best progress for all.
- There is the potential for further responsibility for a candidate with suitable experience.
- A willingness to deliver a second subject is desirable.
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
For an application pack please see our website.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 9 June 2023, but applications will be considered as they are received.
Interviews: w/c 12 June 2023.
The Wren Academies Trust is committed to the highest standards of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts which will be subject to enhanced checks.
The Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. We wish to further develop a diverse community and encourage applications from all sections of society.