Please be aware that this role is based at the Bearsted campus.
We know that exceptional English Teachers are in high demand which is why we are offering a recruitment and retention bonus of £2,000 for the right candidate (£1,000 payable upon joining, and £1,000 payable after 1 year's service).
Snowfields Academy has a truly fantastic opportunity to appoint a Teacher of English, joining us from September 2023. This is an exciting and rare chance to join our team and play a pivotal role in its success and development, laying the path for future years. Our successful candidate will be an experienced teacher keen to work in our ASD setting who can make a real impact on the students in our care.
Our teaching staff at Snowfields Academy will provide outstanding educational opportunities for all of our pupils in order to ensure every student reaches their full potential. We are looking for outstanding practitioners who are creative and imaginative teachers with the ability to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all students. Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework. As a specialist ASD provision we will be looking for teachers who have a real passion for, and understanding of, meeting the complex and holistic needs of young people with ASD.
We are looking for teachers who:
- Are graduates with QTS
- Ideally, you will have worked within an SEN setting or with discrete ASD groups of students in a mainstream environment
- Have the highest expectations of pupils and themselves with a desire to professionally develop
- Are enthusiastic, flexible, imaginative and forward thinking
- Have the ability to nurture, inspire, motivate and engage students with ASD to achieve and succeed
- Are able to form positive relationships with students, staff, parents and governors
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return, our successful candidates will receive:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT academy
- A school community committed to nurturing young people with ASD alongside raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities, purpose built for students with ASD
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team dedicated to exceptional outcomes within a happy environment which nurtures and supports all staff and students.
- Experience in an exceptional, purpose designed environment which is very well resourced to meet the needs of our learners.
This is a permanent opportunity offering MPS/UPS commensurate with experience + TLR is available for the right candidate +£2,000 joining fee. For those interested in visiting the academy, please contact email@example.com in the first instance.
Working with us at Snowfields Academy: Snowfields Academy opened in September 2020 in Bearsted as a new secondary provision for students with ASD. In September 2022 we opened an additional Campus at Cranbrook. When full we will offer 240 places across year groups 7-13 for young people who are working at or close to age-related expectations. Class sizes are small with 12/13 in each class, supported by 2-3 teaching assistants according to need. We offer a range of GCSEs and other qualifications for young people on a blend of academic and vocational pathways.
The academy benefits from being a new school with a design tailored to the students it provides for, carefully considered to make the most of both its inside and outside environments in order to enhance the learning of its students. The environment supports specialisms in horticulture and catering at Bearsted with a Cafe and Teaching kitchen and horticulture facilities at Bearsted and a working farm at Cranbrook. We will work closely with local businesses to offer an outstanding range of work experience opportunities and supported internships.
At Snowfields Academy we:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where barriers to learning are overcome and students feel safe and happy and are ready to learn
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their individuality and success at every opportunity
- Always work within a multi-disciplinary framework alongside families and other professionals
- Use personalised approaches to manage behaviour and reduce anxieties
- Ensure safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values are at the heart of all we do
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to each other.
Snowfields Academy Student & Staff Charter:
- Work Hard
- Be Kind
- Stay Safe
- Be Happy