We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of English who can deliver high quality learning opportunities for our students across this key curriculum area. You will be joining a very passionate and effective team of 5 teachers who work collaboratively to implement a digital IB curriculum with carefully planned interdisciplinary links with other departments. The English team is part of Angelou College (English and Arts) and works closely with all other departments, particularly the Arts, to ensure they deliver a highly ambitious, global curriculum with cross-curricular links.
Applications are welcomed from both experienced and Early Career Teachers (ECTs).
What we are offering:
- A salary commensurate with the profile of the post
- Bespoke CPD with mentoring and coaching opportunities
- The opportunity to work laterally across a number of Leigh Academies Trust schools to benchmark best practice and to be involved in teaching and learning innovation
We’d like to hear from candidates who are:
- An excellent teacher who is passionate about learning and has strong subject knowledge
- Able to maintain a positive growth mindset despite challenges they may face
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential
- Energetic and have a can-do attitude
- Confident and has strong career aspirations
- Committed to safeguarding and the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the Academy
- Prepared to be involved in leading co-curricular activities either within or outside of their teaching subject
- Committed to accessing the support from the Trust to improve their digital skills in preparation for becoming Level 1 Certified Google Educators
If you are looking for a new challenge in an exceptional new Academy we look forward to hearing from you!
This is a permanent opportunity offering a MPS/UPS commensurate with experience.
If you have any queries regarding the role or the application process, please contact Rachel Cribben (Recruitment Advisor) on email@example.com or 01643 412 258.
Do you know a great teacher who would like to hear about opportunities with Leigh Academies Trust? If so, make a referral today for the chance to receive £100 as a 'thank you'.
About Leigh Academy Rainham: In September 2021, we opened our doors to the 180 founding students of our co educational comprehensive school for 11-18 year olds. Already oversubscribed, our new school is firmly set to be a beacon of excellence for secondary education in Medway. The wellbeing and success of each individual child is at the heart of everything and we are driven by the belief that it is our role to ensure all pupils develop an appreciation of the limitless possibilities ahead of them. Every learner is entitled to an enriching, varied and personalised education; delivered through a broad and balanced curriculum that provides challenge, irrespective of need, starting point or background. It is our ambition that in our highly inclusive setting, all our students will flourish, becoming inquiring, compassionate and culturally aware young adults. We will work together to embed the essential skills, knowledge and attributes needed to be highly successful in achieving their own personal goals, as caring members of our community and as leaders in tomorrow’s world.
Our strong learning community works together and shares the value of collaboration; every member of our academy family works together to achieve success, cultivating a strong sense of belonging. Our belief in human-scale education, delivered through our college model, ensures every one of our students is known and valued. Strong pastoral care is at the heart of our academy and we place great importance on building strong partnerships with parents and carers.
Working in a brand new school is a unique opportunity. A flexible approach with a can-do ethos is required, as is drive, grit and boundless enthusiasm. We will be looking to recruit a staff body that has a multitude of talents to enable us to provide a rich academic and co-curricular offer from the outset and look forward to hearing what additional skills, talents and interests you could bring to a role at the Academy. A sense of humour is also essential!