Do you want to work in a high-achieving comprehensive school with a determination to do better still?
Are you ambitious for yourself, your students and the school?
Court Moor School is a high-achieving 11-16 comprehensive school in Fleet with an intake of motivated and warm students. We have sky-high ambition for the school with excellent headline results with most subjects in the upper quartile for progress scores. We are seeking an enthusiastic teacher to join our friendly department.
Our over-subscribed school has the privilege of teaching students who are amongst the highest attaining at KS2 in Hampshire with a high APS on entry - our challenge is to maintain and accelerate their progress.
The geography department is a successful department with a mix of experienced and newer colleagues teaching. Geography is a very popular subject at KS4 and the department results are strong 83% 9-4 and 45% 9-7 in 2019. Under the leadership of a new Head of Department we are looking for a positive colleague to further enrich this subject.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A friendly and supportive department, staff, SLT and governing body.
- Opportunities to work with, and possible for, our sister school in Basingstoke.
- Pro-active staff development to guide your career and manage your skills portfolio.
- A school where behaviour is rated as ‘outstanding’ [Ofsted 2013].
- A supportive, friendly atmosphere where professional trust is consciously applied.
Closing date: Thursday 22 April 2021.
Court Moor School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.