Maternity Cover - Fixed Term Contract
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to join our effective, committed and supportive Humanities Department.
We are looking to appoint a teacher who will:
- Be an innovative and enthusiastic teacher with a passion for learning.
- Be a dedicated professional committed to providing our students with an excellent education.
- Be passionate about teaching and learning; someone who will bring energy, enthusiasm and new ideas to the classroom and department.
- Have ambition and the desire to play a significant role in the further development of the English department.
- Inspire students to understand what excellence means for them on a personal level and support them to achieve that personal excellence in whatever form it takes.
Why choose us?
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust, based in Swindon. It is oversubscribed and incredibly proud 11-18 school with 1,781 students on roll including 365 students in our popular and successful Sixth Form.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to developing 'A growth mind-set' and we would welcome an application from fellow professionals who share that mind-set.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school.
- The Trusts commitment to staff wellbeing including generous calendar dates and INSET days.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Reward and recognition, celebrating staff success.
- Leadership development opportunities both internally and across other schools in the Trust.
- A successful ECT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Benefits for discounts via an online staff portal.
- To implement the Aims and Policies of Royal Wootton Bassett Academy and reaffirm them regularly.
- To support, encourage and challenge all students and reinforce the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy learner profile.
- To maintain high professional standards of lesson preparation and delivery.
- To promote punctuality and respect for all in the environment both in the classroom/teaching area and the wider Academy environment.
- To ensure that students’ achievements are celebrated, recorded and reported within the agreed principles of Royal Wootton Bassett Academy.
- To encourage students to participate fully across the whole spectrum of their Academy experience.
- To assist the Leadership Team /Heads of Faculty / Heads of Department /Heads of Year /Lead Practitioners /Tutors and Student Managers in promoting the continuity and quality of the learning experience for every individual student across all Key Stages.
- To ensure that all lessons are differentiated sufficiently to challenge all levels of intellectual ability.
- To assess and mark students’ work and give feedback necessary to bring about progress in each student’s learning and understanding.
- To work with colleagues projecting a consistent corporate approach to our dealings with the students, parents and all concerned with Royal Wootton Bassett Academy.
- To work with the Leadership Team /Tutors /Student Managers and Support Staff to communicate with parents, other colleagues and appropriate agencies concerning the progress, welfare and well-being of all students.
- To work with, contribute to and be accountable to the Heads of Faculty /Heads of Department /Heads of Year /Lead Practitioners and the Student Managers or other designated members of staff regarding agreed objectives for the faculty /department and wider community.
- To contribute to or create Schemes of Work to ensure your subject area takes advantage of up to date pedagogic knowledge and skills.
- To follow all Academy procedures for Quality Assurance practices, such as lesson observations and learning walks.
- To undertake appropriate monitoring of student progress via regular assessment and in accordance with Academy policies to ensure that all students make at least good progress.
- To report progress accurately and by deadline, in accordance with Academy policies to parents and other teaching staff as required.
- To be an effective teacher and tutor who leads by example and establishes high levels of expectation.
Full details can be found in the Recruitment Pack.
To apply for this role, please ensure that you complete our application form from our website or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain this form to complete and return this to us, as we do not accept CV’s.
Closing date: Sunday 16 April 2023
Interview date: W/C 17 April 2023
Please note if we receive enough applications, we may close this job role earlier.
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.