Are you an outstanding teacher looking to develop your experience and professional career? We have an opportunity for you to do this to at St Bartholomew’s School. You might have a number of years’ experience in this type of role or just starting your career as an ECT. We pride ourselves on our academic success. Student Progress is outstanding with the average P8 score for the last 4 years being 0.63.
We are searching for a full-time or part-time Teacher of Geography to join us as soon as possible on a fixed term basis until 20 July 2022.
You will work in our committed and enthusiastic Humanities faculty in a modern school, supported by an excellent house system.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and passionate individual who can provide first class teaching.
We offer you:
- An Outstanding School in all areas as judged by Ofsted in November 2021.
- A vibrant school with excellent facilities with a work room for every faculty and a laptop and desk for all teaching staff.
- Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
- An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally.
- Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
- A personalised professional development programme to support your individual career goals including opportunities to be coached or coach others, internal and external training throughout the year, peer observations and feedback.
- Involvement in developing the school further including Action Research Teams, sharing excellent practice, an Exit Pass enabling you to spend time in other schools gaining and sharing knowledge.
- Regular opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
- A focus on well-being for all staff and students.
- A free lunch every day.
- A level teaching is available for suitable candidates.
- Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a Sixth Form of 570) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 5 June 2022.
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school by our students so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.