This is brought to life through a wide range of activities including:
- Museum Learning Team – provide ideas and resources to support lesson delivery. For example, we don’t just learn about the weather in our Geography lessons, we go outside to experience it!
- Off-site trips – this year students had the opportunity to visit Bournemouth and Canary Wharf, with A’ level students developing their own knowledge and skills during a residential on the South Coast.
- Super Curricular Clubs – last term students chose ‘Prisoners of Geography’ as a focus for discussion, exploration and debate to take the subject further.
- Local university lecture and seminar attendance in response to an increasing interest in continuing with Geography beyond school.
- ‘Students have outstanding attitudes to learning. Behaviour is excellent’ Ofsted.
- An inclusive, diverse, and welcoming school community.
- A vibrant, buzzy open plan environment.
- Strong, supportive leadership team – Humanities senior leaders support staff across the Academy with their CPD.
- State-of-the-art building and facilities – The Humanities building was built in 2020.
- Part of the Arbib Education Trust providing access to unique resources and pioneering museum learning, including on-site museum exhibitions.
The wellbeing and professional development of all our colleagues really matter to us.
Our wide-ranging staff benefits include:
- Work-life balance – innovative approach to providing flexibility around how you work, as well as social activities, early finish Fridays and a day off in term time.
- Enhanced funding for personal development – to support our learning culture.
- Ways to save – including staff discounts from www.vivupbenefits,co.uk contribution, and access to private healthcare.
- Healthy body and mind – free on-site gym, cycle to work tax free scheme, free annual flu jab, professional counselling, and wellbeing resources.
You don’t need to just take our word for it, watch our video to hear why our colleagues love working here.
Closing date: 9.00am, Friday 13 October 2023
The Langley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check. The Trust reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline.