We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring Teacher of History to join the department from September 2021 on a permanent basis. This role could be full time or part time.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted. Our three year rolling average Progress 8 results places us in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below:
- A well-qualified Teacher of History who can inspire and engage young people (QTS is essential)
- The ability to teach History at KS3 and KS4
- A commitment to high standards of achievement with a proven track record of excellent results
- The ability to motivate students, with an innovative approach to classroom practice
- A collaborative approach to teamwork, including willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work and the spreading of good practice
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- A passion for excellence and for the subject
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE
We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application, we also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA, if you would like to arrange a visit.
To apply, please return the application form by clicking on the apply button.
Closing date: 10am, Monday 19 April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.