Maternity cover • Required September 2021 – Easter 2022
Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is a very popular, oversubscribed and successful school set in 32 acres of parkland in Caversham to the north of Reading.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic Teacher of History to join an established Humanities team in a well-resourced, successful department. The History team also deliver Government & Politics and Sociology at A Level.
You should be a highly motivated and successful practitioner who is willing to contribute to all aspects of the school vision and the many enrichment activities that the department offers.
Why Highdown School?
- We are a Good School with many outstanding features which continues to rapidly improve
- We are committed to staff professional learning and leadership development for all staff, at all levels
- We provide highly regarded NQT induction and Coaching for Excellence programmes
- We have adopted a ‘Fair Workload Charter’
- Staff have subsidised access to Highdown Sport and Leisure facilities
- We are able to offer on-site accommodation for NQTs with competitive rent
For details and an application form visit our website.
Closing date: 12pm, Monday 19 April 2021
Highdown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also trained in safer recruitment and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a ‘Prohibition from Teaching’ check.