The Holt is a popular and oversubscribed 11-16 girls and 16-18 co-ed comprehensive school, which was judged ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2023. You will join a highly successful department where results for all Key Stages are well above the national average and many students continue with History at KS5.
The History department is a team of four specialist teachers.
All key stages are taught by enquiry, with sequences of lessons being driven by ‘big questions’ that come from our own reading of historical scholarship. These resources are collaboratively and centrally planned across the key stages so they can be adapted by the class teacher. As a department, we are active members of the Historical Association and readers of pedagogy, which drives our departmental planning and feedback policy.
If you will inspire our students to achieve their best and want to be part of a dynamic caring community, we would encourage you to apply.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A keen and passionate historian.
- Confident and highly effective classroom practitioner.
- For a candidate with the desire to teach some Politics, there is the opportunity to do so if applicable.
- Willing to participate in aspects of wider school life.
We can offer:
- A school that is ambitious and has high expectations of staff and students.
- Teaching across all Key Stages.
- Excellent professional development.
Further details and an application form are available from the school website.
Prospective applicants are welcome to telephone Miss Hannah Howard, Head of History and Government & Politics for more information about this post.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the interviews arranged accordingly.
The Holt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service Check.