The Governors seek to appoint a well-qualified, creative, and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics to join a strong, innovative and successful department. The school is part of the LaSWAP sixth form consortium and offers opportunities to teach all pupils up to and including Further Mathematics at A Level.
The successful applicant will be fully supported by colleagues in a high-performing and cohesive team which invests in the promotion of mathematics across the school and in the wider community. Our team have created an extensive and enriching curriculum that supports our pupils in developing a conceptual understanding of mathematics. We want our pupils to think deeply about mathematical ideas. How can a mathematical idea be represented with manipulatives? What are the connections between different mathematical representations? What are the similarities in the mathematics that underpin two different concepts? These are the types of questions that we ask ourselves and our pupils daily.
The successful candidates should:
- • Share a genuine interest in the development of teaching and learning in mathematics
- • Be a highly reflective practitioner with an ambition to constantly refine and develop their own practice in response to research
- • Be able to contribute significantly to the development of a comprehensive and well-resourced mathematics curriculum
- • Work effectively as part of the team and support the needs of all staff
- • Have high expectations for the learning and achievement of all students
- • Support the catholic ethos of the school and have a strong commitment to the formation of young people
Applications to join our sociable and hardworking team are welcome from both experienced teachers and NQT’s.
Informal visits are welcomed by prior appointment with the Headteacher.
La Sainte Union welcomes applications from all members of the community irrespective of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability to ensure that the staff is representative of our school and its community.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 10 May 2021
Interviews: As soon as possible after closing
Application forms and further details are available on the school website by clicking on the apply button.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for the post.