Leigh Academy Bexley is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Maths, joining us from September 2023 or sooner if available.
The ideal candidate will have an infectious passion for maths and will help all students understand the important role that the subject plays in all of our lives whilst also developing young professionals for the future. Whilst we welcome applications from ECTs, substantial experience of delivering at least some of the qualifications that we offer is desirable. Applicants that have previous experience in delivering MYP and/or DP are of strong interest to us but please note that this criterion is not essential.
We’d like to hear from candidates who are:
- An excellent leader, passionate about learning and has strong subject knowledge within the maths curriculum area.
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships.
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential.
- Energetic and have a can-do attitude.
- Confident and has strong career aspirations.
- Committed to safeguarding and the happiness and well-being of everyone at the school.
- Prepared to be involved in leading co-curricular activities either within or outside of their teaching subject.
This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of MPS/UPS plus Outer London Allowance plus additional responsibilities available for the right candidate, commensurate with experience.
Application process: Naturally, we are seeking to appoint the best possible candidate and therefore the application process will reflect our desire to undertake all necessary measures to achieve this.
On the basis interested candidates may be keen to visit the school before making a formal application, you can arrange this by contacting Pam Morey - PA to the Principal - via email at PMorey@kinghenry.org.uk. Visits will be offered throughout January and February 2023 - please ensure you offer a range of dates when you are available in your initial email to ensure we can coordinate a visit that works for both you and the school.
Candidates wishing to have an initial conversation about this role can also arrange for a telephone call. Those wishing to do so should also contact Pam Morey (as above) in the first instance. If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information please contact Elene Redelinghuys (Recruitment Advisor) on 01634 412 263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.