Potential to teach Music Technology for the right candidate
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring Teacher of Music to join the department from September 2021, on a full time or part time, permanent basis. This position is suitable for NQTs and those returning to teaching.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. Ofsted judged the school “Outstanding in all areas”. Our three-year rolling average Progress 8 results places us in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
Courses offered by the department include GCSE and A Level Music, and BTEC Music Technology. The Music department also offers students a wide range of enrichment and extracurricular activities, including ensemble opportunities for singers and instrumentalists and regular concert performances throughout the year.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below:
- Well-qualified Teacher of Music who can inspire and engage young people (QTS is essential)
- Ability to teach Music at KS3, KS4 and KS5
- Commitment to high standards of achievement with a proven track record of excellent results
- Ability to motivate students and an innovative approach to classroom practice
- Collaborative approach to teamwork, including a willingness to contribute to departmental schemes of work, extra-curricular activities and the spreading of good practice
- Sound musical, instrumental and/or vocal skills
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and IT skills
- Passion for excellence and for Music
- Willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE
We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application. We also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA if you would like to arrange a visit.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website.
Closing date: 10am, Monday 19 April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.