Required September 2023
Open to full time, part time or job share
Our strong team welcomes applications from teachers at all career stages for this role, whether you are an ECT, an experienced teacher or looking for a leadership role - we currently have a potential for a leadership position (6th Form) for the right candidate. Appointment would therefore either be to the MPS/UPS scale (£29,344 - £44,919) or Leadership Scale (£46,866-£52,958) to reflect experience and agreed level of responsibility.
We are a multi-faith, diverse community and our young people care about religion. Our talented and creative team works collaboratively across the school to deliver meaningful and engaging content which is brought to life through a wide range of activities including:
- Museum Learning Team – provide ideas and resources to support lesson delivery with off-site trips to sacred places and exhibitions exploring different faiths
- Super Curricular Clubs – for discussion and debate to take the subject further
- Strong Community Partnerships – to share expertise and provide fresh perspectives
- Local university lecture and seminar attendance with our university partners.
- ‘Students have outstanding attitudes to learning. Behaviour is excellent’ Ofsted
- An inclusive, diverse, and welcoming school community
- A vibrant, buzzy open plan environment
- Strong, supportive leadership team – mentoring and 1-1 coaching from leaders across the Trust
- State-of-the-art building and facilities – built in 2009 and extended in 2020
- Part of the Arbib Education Trust providing access to unique resources and pioneering museum learning, including on-site museum exhibitions.
The wellbeing and professional development of all our colleagues really matter to us. Our wide-ranging staff benefits include:
- Work-life balance – innovative approach to providing flexibility around how you work, as well as social activities, early finish Fridays and a day off in term time
- Enhanced funding for personal development – to support our learning culture
- Ways to save – including staff discounts from Vivup, a world class pension, and access to private healthcare
- Healthy body and mind - free on-site gym, cycle to work scheme, free annual flu jab, professional counselling, and wellbeing resources.
You don’t need to just take our word for it, watch our video to hear why our colleagues love working here. For an informal chat or to arrange a school visit, contact our HR Lead email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Monday 5 June 2023
The Langley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced clear DBS check. The Trust reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline.