Snowfields Academy has a truly fantastic opportunity to appoint a Teacher of Science, joining from late August 2021. This is an exciting and rare chance to join a new school and play a pivotal role in its success and development, laying the path for future years. Our successful candidate could either be an NQT keen to join a highly supportive team that will support you to thrive as a teacher, or a more experienced teacher keen to work in our ASD setting who can make a real impact to the students in our care. Ideally, you will have a Biology specialism and be able to drive our Horticulture curriculum.
Our teaching staff at Snowfields Academy will provide outstanding educational opportunities for all of our pupils in order to ensure every student reaches their full potential. We are looking for outstanding practitioners who are creative and imaginative teachers with the ability to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all students. Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework. As a specialist ASD provision we will be looking for teachers who have a real passion for, and understanding of, meeting the complex and holistic needs of young people with ASD.
Working with us at Snowfields Academy: Snowfields Academy is a new secondary provision for students with a primary need of ASD. When full we will offer 140 places across year groups 7-13 for young people who are working at or close to age related expectations. In 2021 we will have students in years 7-10. Class sizes are small with around 12 in each class, supported by 2-3 teaching assistants according to need. We will offer a range of GCSEs and other qualifications for young people who follow a blend of academic and vocational pathways.
The academy benefits from being a brand new school with a design tailored to the students it provides for, carefully considered to make the most of both its inside and outside environments in order to enhance the learning of its students. The environment supports specialisms in horticulture and catering with a purpose designed teaching kitchen, servery and cafe, and internal and external horticulture facilities supporting our students into employment. We will continue to build links to ensure we work closely with local businesses to offer an outstanding range of work experience opportunities and supported internships.
At Snowfields Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning, with our curriculum aligned to the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3.
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential.
- Create a learning environment where barriers to learning are overcome and students feel safe and happy and are ready to learn.
- Ensure that all children feel valued and their individuality and success are celebrated at every opportunity.
- Always work within a multi-disciplinary framework alongside families and other professionals.
- Use personalised approaches to support behaviour and reduce anxieties.
- Ensure safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values are at the heart of all we do.
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to each other.
Snowfields Academy Student & Staff Charter:
- Work Hard
- Be Kind
- Stay Safe
- Be Happy