Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is a very popular, oversubscribed and successful school set in 30 acres of parkland in Caversham to the north of Reading.
We are seeking an outstanding and enthusiastic Teacher of Science, with a specialism in Chemistry is preferred, to join an established team of specialists in a well-resourced, successful department of 17 staff. A willingness to teach across all years and abilities is essential. We welcome applications from ECTs, for whom we have a superb induction programme.
Why Highdown School?
- We are a Good School with many outstanding features which continues to rapidly improve.
- We are committed to staff professional learning and leadership development for all staff, at all levels.
- We provide highly regarded ECT induction and Coaching for Excellence programmes.
- We have adopted a ‘Fair Workload Charter’.
- Staff benefit from being members of the PiXL Club and the Princes Teaching Institute.
- Staff have subsidised access to Highdown Sport and Leisure facilities.
We are on a journey to becoming a ‘regional centre of excellence’. Why not join us?
Closing date: Applications considered on receipt
For details and an application form visit our website: www.highdown.reading.sch.uk. Please return your completed application form to Miss Nicci Burns, Headteacher’s PA, in the by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Highdown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also trained in safer recruitment and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a ‘Prohibition from Teaching’ check.