The St Leonards Academy
Are you a passionate and engaging Science Teacher with a specialism in chemistry or physics?
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the St Leonards Academy and we are looking to appoint a creative and dedicated Teacher of Science with a passion for their subject and a commitment to raising standards for all learners. The Science department prides itself on inspiring confidence in our students and colleagues and delivering high quality, engaging and effective learning. We are open to the right candidate regardless of specialism.
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom
- Fully committed to learning, high-quality teaching and raising standards of all students
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we can offer you:
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- A range of innovative support for health and wellbeing
- Flexible working opportunities from day one
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including:
- An annual personal development day
- Job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset
- Open access online training courses
- Scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton
And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
About The St Leonards Academy - Ofsted grade: Good (2017)
The St Leonards Academy is a secondary school for 11 to 16-year olds in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. We have a clear vision of what creates successful learners and how to implement it. Our pupils are enthusiastic about learning and take pride in themselves. Our school values of potential, respect, integrity, determination and excellence run through everything we do. We offer 300 student places each year and have a total capacity of 1500. We also host a special facility for up to 20 young people with physical disabilities and severe autism.
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve.
Download the job description and person specification below for more information about this opportunity.
To arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about this role please contact Gail Ferguson, Academy Administration Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 25 September 2022
Interview date: W/C 26 September 2022
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role involves regulated activity as summarised in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 (paragraph 217). Anyone engaging in regulated activity must have an enhanced DBS check including barred list information.
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.