Kingsbury Green Academy, judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in every category when inspected in April 2022, is part of the successful Ascend Learning Trust. We are an ambitious, forward thinking 11-18 years Academy situated in a beautiful location on the outskirts of Calne in Wiltshire.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Science teacher (maternity cover) to join our effective, committed and supportive Science Department.
We are looking to appoint a teacher who will:
- Be an innovative and enthusiastic teacher with a passion for learning.
- Be a dedicated professional committed to providing our students with an excellent education.
- Be passionate about teaching and learning; someone who will bring energy, enthusiasm and new ideas to the classroom and department.
- Have ambition and the desire to play a significant role in the further development of the Science department.
- Inspire students to understand what excellence means for them on a personal level and support them to achieve that personal excellence in whatever form it takes.
Applications are welcome from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
The professional development of all our teachers is very important to us and the successful candidate will join an induction and professional development programme.
Kingsbury Green Academy is a great place to teach Science as we are continually raising standards to produce the highest levels of student achievement.
Completed application firms should be returned via email.
Closing date: Monday 31 October 2022
Interview date: TBC
We look forward to receiving your application should you be interested. If you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Kingsbury Green Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.