Part Time • 19.5 hours (0.6)
*The school would welcome and support applications from Science graduates who are looking to get into teaching. Flexible working hours/days would be considered
We are seeking to recruit a passionate Teacher of Science who will be an excellent role model with a desire to share this with pupils and staff, and you will be committed to raising achievement and able to deliver excellent outcomes.
Why Choose us?
Lawn Manor Academy is part of the Ascend Learning Trust (ALT) based in Swindon. We offer a fantastic benefits scheme, with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema with online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh. Our school is set in the beautiful Lawn Manor Woods in Old Town Swindon.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- A successful NQT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- To be a mentor as required.
- To work as part of a team to deliver high quality lessons with an agreed scheme of work in line with the National Curriculum and other internal and external examination requirements.
- Monitor, evaluate, assess, and review the work of individual students and groups of students in line with school policies to ensure continuous improvement of standards.
- To record the work covered by each class including homework and test scores.
- To ensure high standards of achievement and attainment.
- To be responsible for the discipline of all students in your classroom, before, during and after the lesson.
- To manage the work of any additional adults in your lessons including Teaching Assistants and learning mentors.
- Maintain an excellent environment and culture for learning in the faculty through use of display, the school's reward and behaviour systems.
- To be responsible for the Health, Safety and Welfare of students in accordance with the Council's Policy and Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To attend meetings and work in partnership with parents and other external agencies.
- To carry out actions in order to meet School Improvement Plan and faculty targets.
- To carry out duties in accordance with the Staff Handbook and the Staff Information Booklet.
- To establish a positive ethos in the school by setting an example of high standards of professional dress and behaviour.
- Where possible, support, maintain and improve the school’s extra-curricular programme including coursework clinics, homework clubs, extra lessons, performances etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree status (First/2:1/2.2).
- Qualified Teacher Status QTS or currently completing teacher training.
- Excellent subject knowledge.
- Recent experience of teaching at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
- Effective Management of Teaching Assistants and other assigned adults.
- Support for student sub-groups including those with SEN.
- Communication skills, including good written English.
- Passion for teaching and learning.
- Good classroom behaviour management.
- Use of ICT to enhance learning and teaching.
- Recent and relevant professional development.
- Understanding of the learning process.
- Understanding and application of pupil related data.
- Use of assessment in the teaching and learning process.
- Willingness to learn.
- Form tutor experience.
- Team player.
- Inter-personal skills.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Commitment to whole staff, faculty and other meetings.
- Ability to promote high standards in teaching and learning.
- Reflective practitioner.
- Commitment to inclusive education.
- Experience of working with stakeholders: parents, Governors, LA etc.
- Personal Qualities.
- Stamina, drive, energy, enthusiasm and determination to succeed.
- Commitment to excellence and high expectations.
- Commitment to supporting extra-curricular learning.
- Commitment to student safety and safeguarding.
We look forward to receiving your application, please ensure that you download a copy of application form as we do not accept CV’s or email email@example.com for an application form.
If you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Closing date: 7 October 2022
Interviews 14 October 2022
The closing date listed is a guide only and that the vacancy may close earlier should sufficient number of applicants have been received.
Lawn Manor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview pro-cess. If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.