Starting 1st April 2023 (or sooner if available)
St. Luke’s seeks an enthusiastic, proactive and committed teaching practitioner with a substantial knowledge of working with children with additional educational to undertake the role of SENCO. Or a passionate desire to train and become a SENCO.
This will be a key post and will enable the post holder to make a significant contribution to ongoing development of our highly effective, successful school.
Our school environment is a safe, nurturing one. Pupils enjoy their learning and achieve well, behaviour for learning is also very good.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual who has a clear commitment to inclusion and a passion for ensuring that all pupils are given the opportunity to achieve their best. This is a mixed role of SEND leadership and teaching to allow the successful candidate the opportunity to support staff and children throughout the school; the split will be flexible but initially this will be approximately 50% leading on SEND and 50% supporting in a teaching role across school.
You will be:
- Be a highly effective, experienced teacher with excellent communication skills and an ability to motivate and inspire children and staff;
- Have a belief in the capacity of all children to succeed and reach their potential,
- Have experience of supporting children with English as an additional language;
- Have a thorough understanding of how children learn, as well as children’s barriers to learning.
- Hold a relevant SENCO qualification (or demonstrate a willingness to undertake it whilst in post) or have significant previous experience of a lead SENCO role.
In return, we can offer:
- Polite, friendly and welcoming children whose behaviour and commitment to learning is outstanding;
- A team of positive, supportive and experienced Teaching Assistants;
- A real opportunity to actively contribute to the strategic development of our school as it continues in its aim to offer outstanding provision.
Please contact the school for more information and an application pack. Applications are also available to download online at www.st-lukesprimary.com
Visits to our school are actively encouraged.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 8 February 2023
Interview dates: To be advised on application and may be before closing date
St Luke’s Church of England School, as a member of the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust, is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Online checks may also be carried out to comply with KCSIE.