Full time (0.8 FTE considered)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the talented English team at Kingsbury Green Academy as Teaching and Learning Coordinator for KS3.
Why apply to KGA? We are a hard-working staff committed to creating opportunities for our students to be happy and successful in their lives beyond the school gates. We pride ourselves on how we build relationships to get there and we continually strive to:
- Remove social, economic and academic barriers to enable students to realise their potential.
- Encourage every individual to be bold, courageous and aspirational.
- Create a culture where individuals respect one another and are proud of themselves, their school and the wider community.
- Challenge ourselves to seize every opportunity to grow and develop.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced, and innovative teacher to join the English team who is:
- Able to inspire a love of English.
- Passionate about building opportunities for young people.
- Committed to providing our students with an outstanding education.
- Unwavering in raising the profile of reading and writing.
- A positive person who values being part of a supportive team
If this could be you, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date: 9:00am, Monday 20 February 2023
Interview date: w/c 27 February 2023
Please note that this vacancy will close early if enough applications are received.
We look forward to receiving your application should you be interested. If you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual-orientation or religion.
Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment, any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.