We are searching for a part-time Teaching Assistant to join us as soon as possible on a permanent basis.
We are looking for:
Someone to work with teachers in the delivery of differentiated high quality lessons, and to support students in their learning and development and encourage them to participate in all aspects of school life. We are seeking applicants with good educational qualifications and organisational ability, who have empathy with students, and are able to motivate and encourage them.
HOURS: Up to a total of 29 hours and 40 minutes per week (Monday to Thursday 8.40am to 3.10pm and Friday 8.40am to 2.50pm) term-time only, plus 5 training days pro rata. We would be happy to consider less hours, to fit in with individual and school requirements.
SALARY: £18198.00 - £18562.00 gross pa (£9.43 - £9.62 per hour), pro rata for part-time, term-time. Starting salary equates to £12453.85 gross pa for 29 hours and 40 minutes pw.
We offer you:
- An Outstanding School in all areas as judged by Ofsted in November 2021.
- A vibrant school with outstanding facilities.
- Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
- An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding.
- Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
- Opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
- A focus on well-being for all staff and students.
- Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a Sixth Form of 570) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 16 January 2022
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school by our students so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.