30 hours per week, term time
Fixed term (linked to named pupil on role)
Required from April 2021 or as soon as possible
Geoffrey Field Junior School is a well-established school at the heart of the local community. In 2018, OFSTED described us as a “friendly and popular school” which continues to be rated Good.
We are seeking to appoint a part time Teaching Assistant to join our school support team and provide 1:1 support to a named pupil with SEND. This is a fixed term contract initially for the Summer term with the potential for the role to be extended.
The right candidate would be someone who:
- Has experience of working with children, particularly those with special needs.
- Has an understanding of autism in children.
- Is passionate about giving all children the best experiences, opportunities and learning.
- Has good levels of English and maths.
- Can work independently and use their own initiative as well as work as part of a team.
- Is flexible and adaptable.
- Is unflappable and remains calm under pressure.
We can offer:
- A welcoming and motivated staff team.
- Great children who love their school and learning.
- Opportunities for further CPD and professional development.
Do you want to make a real difference to a child whilst working in a fun and supportive environment? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: Wednesday 17 March 2021.
Interviews: w/c 22 March 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service will be sought from the successful candidate.