About the role: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy has a fantastic opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join and support our classes within our brand new academy that successfully opened in September 2017. This role is ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children within a primary setting. The working basis for the successful candidate will be on a fixed term contract until February 2023 in the first instance, 32.5 hours per week during Term Time and 1 week inset. We offer a wonderful working environment with the friendliest staff and pupils!
What does the role involve? The main aim of this role is to support our teachers to deliver academic excellence, day in, day out, with professionalism and enthusiasm. This will involve providing a comprehensive support service to the Academy including:
- Assisting students with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis
- Providing support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Assisting teachers with the maintenance of student records
- Building and maintaining successful relationships with students, whilst treating them with respect and consideration
- Provide expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning
- Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
- Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
Each and every member of staff, regardless of their position or seniority, is expected to participate in the overall running of the school and to act as a positive role model for our students. In and out of the classroom you will encourage and promote positive behaviour and effectively manage any situation that threatens to impact on the progress of other students.
We are looking for someone demonstrates the following:
- Have high expectations of teaching and learning
- To be a positive role model
- To contribute to the positive ethos of the school
- Be able to work collaboratively with a range of children and adults
- Be keen to develop as a professional
- Previous, recent experience in a similar education setting
- Being independent and able to work under pressure
Working for the academy: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is a new two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017. The academy admits a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6 having initially opened with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. We continue to expand into Year 5 from September 2020 and will be taking on additional classes over the coming months and years, hence this exciting new teaching role has materialised.
The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Cherry Orchard Primary Academy has been judged as Outstanding by Ofsted at their recent inspection in November 2021, having been evaluated as outstanding in each of the five areas of inspection, Quality of Education, Behaviour and Attitudes, Personal Development, Leadership and Management and Early Years Provision. Please view our website and learn more about Cherry Orchard Primary Academy.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust comprises 31 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.