37 hours - term time plus two weeks - £12.95 per hour paid weeks 46.94
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a competent, enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated Year Leader to join the pastoral team at Lawn Manor Academy. They will support and lead the pastoral care for pupils in a year group. The role is varied and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual who is able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
Why choose us?
Lawn Manor Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust (RWBAT) based in Swindon. We offer a fantastic benefits scheme, with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema, with online fitness and recipes. Our School is set in the beautiful Lawn Manor Woods in Old Town Swindon.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly and well-run school.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking students.
- To cultivate a positive ethos for the Year Group, including the celebration of success, use of rewards and positive role model behaviours.
- To build and maintain positive relationships that develop and enhance the student's academic, personal and social education.
- To act as the first point of contact for students, parents and colleagues and to facilitate positive working relationships between the home and school with accurate and effective feedback.
- To provide a consistent whole-school approach to behaviour management including the effective use of 'Praise and Recognition' and 'Consequences' in line with school policies.
- To monitor uniform and reinforce the Uniform Policy at all times taking appropriate action to ensure that all pupils achieve acceptable standards of dress.
The successful candidate will have:
- Five GCSE's including maths and English
- Educated to at least A Level (level 3)
- Evidence of significant and successful proactive involvement in the welfare of children or adults.
- Be a confident decision maker, with the ability to solve problems and show initiative in a range of situations.
To find out more please download our application pack. Closing date: 9am Friday 3 December 2021.
Lawn Manor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.